Acupuncture uses the power of the body to treat itself, it can effectively treat almost any condition or pain. It has been observed to increase emdomorphin-1, beta endorphin, enc, serotonin, and dopamine and has immunomodulator effects on the immune system and lipolithic effects in metabolism. It also helps lymphatic musculature and nervous system function more efficiently. Because of these effects, the use of acupuncture is increasing worldwide.
Some of the most commonly treated conditions are:
- Low Back Pain
- Post surgical recovery/reduce swelling
- Shoulder pain
- Lymphedema swelling
- Plantar fascitis
- Hormone balancing
- Stress Relief
- Neck Pain
- Knee Pain
- Periarthritis of the Shoulder
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Tempromandibular Dysfunction/TMJ
- Postoperative Pain
- Essential Hypertension
- Allergic Rhinitis, Including Hay Fever
- Acute Epigastralgia
- Peptic Ulcer
- Acute and Chronic Gastritis
Cupping therapy is a form of alternative medicine in which cups are placed on the skin to create suction. Practitioners believe this mobilizes blood flow in order to promote healing. Suction is created using heat (fire) or mechanical devices (hand or electrical pumps).
The suction and negative pressure can:
- Loosen muscles
- Encourage blood and lymph flow
- Sedate the nervous system (excellent for High Blood pressure)
- Relieve stiff and painful muscles
- Reduce anxiety and or fatigue
- Help migraines
- Treat Rheumatism
- Reduce the appearance of cellulite
Lymphatic drainage is a technique that stimulates the lymphatic system to boost immune response, reduce local and generalized swelling, promote faster healing and recovery and reduce hardness. Lymphatic drainage is most known for reducing swelling but it also reduces hard masses from coagulate lymphatic fluid. This is most common but not limited to the neck, breast, abdomen, and groin areas.
- Mastectomy, Joint Replacement, Liposuction, Reconstructive or other surgical procedures
- Systemic Conditions (Rheumatoid, Fibromyalgia, Cancer)
- Bacterial Infections, Viral Diseases
- Frequent illness
- Lactation difficulties with breast feeding
Cheri is a lymphatic, pregnancy and sports massage therapist and acupuncturist who graduated from Emperor’s College with a master’s degree in Acupuncture and Chinese medicine.
She now practices a wide range of techniques including sports massage, myofascial therapy and scar tissue release, deep tissue massage, acupressure, pregnancy massage, swedish massage, manual lymphatic drainage, acupuncture, and Chinese herbology. She works with cancer, post surgery (both necessary and elective) and trauma patients, as well as those suffering from auto immune disorders.
Book a consultation with Cheri today and let her accelerate your recovery through the treatment of acupuncture/massage.
For more information about Cheri, click on link below.
Call us today and we can verify whether your insurance covers acupuncture.